Theme Preview Rss
Powered By Blogger

Thank God

One of my most hidden dreams is having a kid. Actually, I’m not the one who’s going to have it inside, but my wife will. What I wanted to say is that I want to be a father and I think it will be the greatest experience ever. Even though I want to have kids I don’t want them right now, (despite the fact that I’m doing a big effort as if I wanted them now –joke-).

Nevertheless, I’m not here to talk about my wishes but to comment on something I saw today about pregnancy, population and birth control. It is a true fact that population worldwide has gone further than 6 trillion people (don’t know if that amount is ok, I have serious problems identifying numbers with lots of zeros) and, that that amount will duplicate itself within the century, bringing together lots of problems to our planet.

I can’t deny that the statement deeply called my attention. I totally agree with contraceptives, but since I’m a believer I know I have a fight against my ethical thoughts and contraceptive methods. Nevertheless, and not denying reality, I knew that about 60% of the active-sexual-life people are using one of these methods to prevent pregnancy. The interesting thing that called my attention is what would it be if we no pills or condoms where available nowadays? Would we have 12 trillion people worldwide already? Would our world be already destroyed or, in other words, eaten by ourselves?

Thank God somebody had the great idea of giving us the chance to decide whether to have a baby every time we make love or when we really want to have it. I think that, ironically, we have to add to the global warming definition that “it is also when people make babies without protection”. Taking everything into account I must say that my opinion is, ‘to save the world, make love... not babies’.

1 comments:

Miss B said...

Well Jorge,
There is plenty of time to make your dreams come true. Did you mean you are a Catholic? Christian?
That is a bit unclear to me...mmm

Post a Comment